Monday, November 07, 2005

A good weekend, all around

My pathetic fantasy football team finally won their second game this week... sheesh. Instead of being in sole posession of last place, I am now in a three-way tie.

I got lucky that LT came through this week... but honestly, he was due. No rushing or receiving TDs the last 2 weeks killed me.

Played some poker this weekend after getting my ass handed to me all week. Did fairly well. I won't bore anybody with the poker tracker stats, but here's the highlights:

Played in a $30 multi-table tourney and finished second out of 330 players. My best finish in a multi yet. When we went heads up, the guy had me outchipped T309,000 to 21,000. Hahaha... I moved all in on the first hand with 5-6d and got called by jack high, I never improved but was happy with my 2nd place finish and collected $1400 for my effort. I took a screen shot, and once I figure out how to, I'll put it up to brag some more.

In the tournament, I was dealt 313 hands and won 60 pots. I saw the flop 75 times and won 54% of the time I saw the flop. The key stat in any NLHE multi-table tourney: I won 92% of the showdowns. Including the last hand I lost (obviously), I only lost 2 other showdowns over the entire 4 hours. One of them was with AK when I flopped a K and pocket jacks (the short stack on the table) moved all in on me and caught a J on the river.

Early on, one guy "donked off" half his stack to me when I called his bluff with top two pair. I held A-Q and the flop came with a Q and 2 diamonds. He checked to me and I bet out half the pot. He cold-called me and the turn brought me a black Ace. Again he checked and I bet out half the pot. The river was a black blank and when I bet half the pot, he min check-rasied me. I thought for a moment that he might be slowplaying a set, but with the two diamonds on the flop, I doubted he would continue to give me free cards. I called and he flipped over two baby diamonds for a busted flush draw and I dragged a big pot.

I did get lucky, of course... I hit TWO 3-outers (AJ v AK and KJ v KQ) after moving all-in within 30 minutes of making the money. I also won a couple of coinflips where I held the best hand going into it.

All together, a great feeling to come in second. This is my second top 5 finish in the last 3 weeks, but I'm still searching for that first place finish. River Rat is the only contributor on this site that has the dubious distinction of finishing 1st in a large multi.

... But my time is comming!

No comments: