Sunday, November 20, 2005

Depressing...


Played in a $20 + 2 MTT tonight... 1700 entrants for a total prize pool of $34,000. I normally don't like playing in these rediculously large fields, but I was bored and I didn't want to wait 'till the $30+3 at 8:00pm.

So I played for 3 hours. During that time, I made so great plays. Twice, after betting into players all the way down to the flop, I got moved all-in on and both times I correctly called (both missed their draws). At one point, I had more than 5 times the average stack. I should have went broke about 2 hours into the tourney when, with pocket 6s, I raised to T1500 (blinds were 300/600) so I could isolate the short stack (which called all-in) and then got min raised by a guy on the BB. I reluctantly called and the flop came J-2-2 rainbow. He bet the minimum T600 which got me thinking, but I was getting good odds at about 8 1/2 to 1. He was a big stack and the chances of him having A-K was pretty good. The turn came another J. Again, he bet out only 600. Getting even better odds now, I call. The river: a 6. I hit a baby boat but was very concerned about the monster this guy was playing. His bet: only 600. At this point, I was scared of what he could have (I'm thinking aces now). I just call and he flips over pocket jacks for QUADS! In my last MTT finish (2nd place) I got crippled by quad 7s, now by quad jacks. Half my stack is gone now. Then... my cards went cold.

The final hand for me was 3 handed with 1 limper and the BB. I had QJ of spades and the flop came out J high with 2 diamonds. I bet out T2000 into a T3000 pot (because Dan Harrington told me to!) and one folds and the big stack calls. Turn is a K and the third diamond. Uh oh. Well, at this point, the pot has T7000 and I only have 3000 left so I push and the dickhead lets his clock run down and then calls with the NUTS A-9 Diamonds. Slowrolled to go out of a tournament... ARGH!

1700 players and I finished in the top 100 comming in 93rd. Made a whopping $44 for my efforts. Can't say I learned much... just upset I didn't play better at the end.

No comments: