Monday, June 12, 2006

Still not recovered

So I'm here at work and I've asked a few people and one guy said I did the right thing and the other said he would have been more concerned about winning more and would have folded. I guess I should have been in the mindset of making more money and if I was then it is a easy laydown. Let me give a little background and you can decide.

I had just moved to this table to balance out 6 and 6. Luckymona was chip leader for most of the tourney then took some major beat and was almost out. By the time I moved to the table luckymona had clawed her/his way back to 2nd. I came into the table and my first hand I was in the big blind. I had A10 and mona had raised on the button to $12,000. I had $4,000 invested and smooth called. Flop came 632 and mona bet $4,000 again and reraised to $12,000. After thinking about it mona folded and I was off to a good start. I wonder if I did't defend my blind, would mona had done what he/she next time on the button. I didn't play any hands again till I was on the big blind and mona was on the button. That was 6 hands. Out of those 6, mona had raised 4 of them and only one was called and mona lost to an all in when mona's AJ lost to a 88.

Then it folded around to mona on the button and goes all in for $132k. I have $122k. I have JJ. I actually should have taken longer to think about it than I did but I feel my end reaction would have been the same. Call. Mona has AK and I'm a 57% to 43% favorite. Flop comes QT8. After the flop I'm a 72.5% favorite to win. After the Ace hits on the turn I am a 16% favorite and am down to 4 9's left in the deck. River blanks and IGHN.

So my question is was I right in calling or should I have just waited for a better time since so close to the final table and a possible big payday? Overall I played really well only making imo 1 mistake early on when I checked a straight hoping to check raise the original raiser and flop better and the guy checked also and made a 4 card flush on the river. Cost me about $15,000 in chips. Besides that I played great. Really happy for not having played in 2 months. Hopefully this will carry to the WSOP.

1 comment:

BigHeeb91 said...

Again, JJ is just such a bad hand to push with PF. You're almost guaranteed to see overs on the flop and the chances of your opponent holding big cards in that position is just too great. Next time, lay it down big man...

Good luck in Saturday's tourney!