Sunday, June 18, 2006

Let this be a lesson to all you poker n00bs: Go with your gut

#Game No : 4543937034
***** Hand History for Game 4543937034 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $22 Buy-in Trny:24962879 Level:6 Blinds(300/600) - Sunday, June 18, 13:55:48 ET 2006
Table Mini Step 2 Surprise Party (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the buttonTotal number of players : 3
Seat 7: wooferman ( $7336 )
Seat 1: NoBlackAces ( $5010 )
Seat 9: tullonsk ( $7654 )
Trny:24962879 Level:6 Blinds(300/600)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to NoBlackAces [ Jh Jc ]
tullonsk folds.NoBlackAces calls [300].
wooferman raises [600].
NoBlackAces calls [600].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, 3s, As ]
NoBlackAces checks.
wooferman bets [2621].
NoBlackAces: i think my jj is good
NoBlackAces: in fact i am sure my jj is good
Your time bank will be activated in 5 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
NoBlackAces will be using his time bank for this hand.
NoBlackAces: i dont have a spade though
tullonsk: you doneso
NoBlackAces: lucky you
NoBlackAces: i know u dont have an ace
NoBlackAces: this is killing me
NoBlackAces folds.
wooferman shows [ Kd, 8c ] a pair of aces.
wooferman wins 5021 chips from the main pot with a pair of aces.
NoBlackAces: nh
Game #4543942899 starts.

We are playing 3 handed and only top 2 move on to the next step. 3rd place replays step 2 again. I had been showing my hands everytime I bet big (I was the short stack going into the final 3) and twice I had folded when I limped and somebody raised. I was setting a trap with my JJ and when he raised preflop, I knew I could take the pot away from him on the flop. When the flop came out and I saw two aces, I knew I was good. The plan was to check-raise all-in after he threw a feeler bet out. He showed that he was no dummy and bet the perfect amount to avoid the check-raise. He bets half my stack, basically pot-committing himself, thus forcing himself to call if I push (he would be getting more than 3-1). If I had even one spade, I make the move. This got me thinking now... he did min-raise preflop... Was he trying to disguise a super strong hand such as AK by making such a big bet on the flop? I pussed out and laid it down.

FUCK.

Nice play, wooferman... and GG (I ended up finishing 3rd after all)

No comments: