Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Trip report

So as NBA previously stated I got into town Friday afternoon and we headed to Pechanga to play in the 75+15 10k guranteed tournament. 141 players and I busted out in approximately 48th place. I built my stack up to 9k early (start with 3k) by flopping a set of 2's on a jack high board and a guy going all in with QQ. He didn't raise pre-flop. I was in the sb with the 22. A orbit later I raised the UTG player with AA up to 1500. Folded to button who went all in for 1100 and the utg player called 900 more. Flop came Q2Q and I bet 1k which was enough to put UTG all-in and he folded claiming a pocket pair. The all in player had KK and my AA held up. After that I just went card dead picking up a few pots with flop bets and a couple pre-flop raises. I got pushed off of KQ twice when I opened the pot and then my 2nd to final hand. Folded to me in cutoff and I have 88. I have 2200 left and the blinds are at 300/600. I push all in and am called instantly by the button. He flips over KK and I don't catch up. Left with one chip and out 2 hands later. I did lose a last longer bet with NBA so I bought him dinner. First time I lost a last longer bet with him. Of course we didn't have one for our next tournament on Sunday and I lasted longer.

Ring games were a joke finishing down $189. First night dropped $200 in about 2 hours. I didn't win a single hand...I think that may have been a first for me. AA cracked by both Q9 and 24. Lost main and side pot. RIDONKULOUS!!

I liked to give props to Ms. NBA who sat down at the 2-4 table for the very first time and proceeded to win about $100. Great job.

Well back in AZ sick as a dog and on antibiotics. Playing a little on the nbc heads up site. Haven't decidied if I will give trying to qualify for the 1 seat a serious chance. I presume I'd have to play a lot to get my rating high and don't know if I have or want to give the time. So far played 12 games HU and my record is 8-4. Bad and very tentative play on the site. I got a guy to call my all in on the flop of 862. I raised pf with AK and he calls my all in with 105 and spikes a 10 on the turn. That's the type of play. So far holding up most of the time.

No comments: