Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Goodbye Online poker

So I am done with online poker and seriously maybe for good or at least for a long time. I've come to the realization that I'm not really having all that much fun playing on-line and since the demise of Party Poker, Poker Stars has yet to change my mind. I actually don't care for Poker Stars. I found Party Poker and Poker Room much better sites but unfortunately neither allow US players. I'm not quitting because I'm a losing player or I feel I can't beat the game. I'm only down under $400 overall online for the past year with most of that being at Poker Stars. Not a significant amount by any means.

When I have money in my account I find myself addicted to playing even though I'm not having that much fun. Why this is I'm not completely sure. I stay holed up in my room and don't see sunlight which is not a good thing. Some say that the play at Poker Stars is the best on-line and I'm not one to disagree even though I've only played on 4 sites. However, since the legislation I feel the play at Poker Stars has deteriorated. This is not a reason for me quitting though because you would think it would be easier to make money. After my recent stretch of playing this past few weeks, I just realized I wasted way to much time for something I wasn't enjoying. Live ring games and tournaments are much more enjoyable for me. Since my bankroll can't support buying into larger on-line tournaments and I have no luck satelliting my way into them, I'd rather save my money to take shots at live large buy-in tourneys where I feel my chances at a significant cash are better and will have much more fun. Low limit ring games on line are a joke and I refuse to play them anymore. Only live ring games in my future.

So after 13 months of on-line play I say adios for now. I know I will be back but probably not till later this year. I have decided to try everything possible to qualify for the Aussie Millions next year after seeing the way FTP treats its qualifiers. Never played on FTP so that will be my next destination if on-line poker is still an option in 8 to 10 months.

Next month I will be in Rincon trying to repeat my final table performance last year in the last chance tourney. Don't know about the WSOP this year. I'll definitely drive out to check it out but not sure if I'll try to play in an event this year. With 55 events though, I'll have plenty of opportunities.

No comments: