Monday, November 06, 2006

No España Amigo's

So as my loyal readers have probably figured out by now, I did not make it to Barcelona. I didn't even make it into the tournament. I was unable to successfully qualify after spending all night Friday trying to enter. I had obligations Saturday morning which didn't allow me to play at all that day. Well there is always the PCA through PokerStars.

Speaking of PokerStars, I have made my first deposit and am working to release my bonus. Seems like I need to play many more hands than on PartyPoker but maybe I am wrong. I have been playing $.50/1 and was successful until last night when I didn't quit when I was ahead. I had made around $20 playing Saturday. Played some last night and within 1.5 hours, I had turned $20 into $60 playing those limits on a short-handed table. Amazing when you think about it. Anyways instead of quitting like a good donkey would, I continue playing. Next thing I know in about 1-1.5 hours I have lost all $60. When will I learn to quit when ahead.

Saturday night I decided to play a double shootout with top 2 getting entries in to the $215 Sunday million guaranteed. I won my first table making it to the final 8 and at least $35. I busted 7th when my AK lost to AQ. I reraised original raiser with my AK and then jammed a flop of OJ7. I went all in for last 700 and he called and I was out.

Then I mistakenly entered a $10 rebuy tourney (thought it was another double shootout) for the Sunday guarantee and was playing great building my stack nicely without rebuying. I'm in 1st position and open a pot with 99 and get min raised by the sb. Flop comes 1094. sb instantly moves all in and he is the only person who has me covered at the table. If I win, table leader and probably top 10 overall. I call and he has 10's for top set. Bad luck. So that was that. I like PokerStars so far but the tourney's are huge there because of PP going away. The Sunday million was a joke with over 6000 entrants. Nice paydays though. I railed the final table. Winner took down about 170k. I going to try to enter one of these Sunday tourney's in the near future. This last one payed out top 970 I believe. I tend to do well in these large tourneys but then again most of my experience in large fields like this are free rolls where people play like maniacs.

No comments: