Friday, November 03, 2006

NBA beat me to it

I just read a comment by NBA regarding my last poker post saying that he took down a 81 player MTT last month. I can't say I completely remember this but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened. I have searched the logs of this blog and I can't find any posts relating to this. So I'm calling on my loyal followers of the Donkey Nation to scour whatever resources you can to verify this win by NBA. For now I give my congrats to NBA on taking it down and being the first of the group (hopefully River rat or Sinatra won't dispute this statement...wait they don't participate anymore so now worries there) to win a MTT. I would also like to thank NBA for taking the wind out of my victory by stating it was a mere $5 buy-in and a turbo tourney at that. You sure know how to make a donkey feel great about his achievements.


Barcelona update:

I have made it to step 3 of the Poker Classic SNG qualifier. If I win this then I'm in the tourney. I waited 3 hours to play last night and I was the only one to register. I did check the tickets and bonuses section of pokerroom and it stated it has a cash value of $600 so if I don't play it I think I can cash out the ticket for $600. Not bad. I have sent pokerroom support an email to verify this. While waiting to play, I won exactly $100 playing 2-4 in about 30 minutes yesterday. I won most of my hands with less than premium cards playing a lot of suited connectors and one-gappers. Quality of play in the game was not very high. People calling down with Ace high and other crappy play like that. I would have played longer but I haven't had much sleep the past few nights while trying to qualify for the Barcelona tourney.

One more thing. I want to give props to Dell. I got my screaming fast new dual core pc in Wednesday after ordering it Sunday night. Got a 20" digital flat panel monitor also. It is so nice to be able have multiple apps open at once and not have to wait forever like on my other pc. Other specs are 2gb of ram, 300gb hard drive, sound blaster audigy audio card, 256mb ATI radeon card, dual optical drives (dvd-rom and dvd RW) and a free upgrade to Vista which I will definitely wait on upgrading too until MS has released some patches since I know for a fact there will be some major bugs with that OS. Total cost of the PC with tax was a little over $1400 which isn't bad considering the monitor itself is almost $400 and I upgraded the hard drive, sound card, video card, and montior.

2 comments:

BigHeeb91 said...

My bad... there was only 64 players registered... and it was technically a "double shootout" (which I would argue is actually more difficult to win)

http://grindersinc.blogspot.com/2006/09/im-in.html

Stewman said...

You are right NBA!!