Sunday, October 23, 2005

Big Heeb... defender of blinds big and small!

Poker Tracker rocks.

I just downloaded the software last night... I imported my most recent 1000 hand histories and this is what it tells me:

In my last 18 tournaments, I finished in the money 50% of the time.
My buy-ins total $396.00, and I have won $640.00, giving me a ROI of 61.62% (not bad!)
My average finish in a 10 person tournament is 4.11. I have 3 first place finishes, 5 second place finishes and 1 third place finish.

Now here's an interesting statistic that I think I can really learn from:

On the button, I only cold called 1.26% of the time. I raised pre-flop 13.21% of the time when I was not the first one in, and I raised 10.69% of the time when I was the first in. I won 12.58% of the time I played a hand on the button.

When I looked at my stats in the SB, at first glance it appeared that I was playing way too many SB hands. But when I looked into it, when I was in the SB, I won more money than when I was on the button, went to less showdowns, and won a higher % of showdowns. Hmmm...

There is an option on Poker Tracker to play back hands. It's pretty cool. Wanna see that sweet trap you set when you flopped a made straight against top set? How 'bout the time you overplayed Q-9 in the cutoff and dumped over 1200 to the BB because you wouldn't let go of middle pair. I think of it like an old high school quarterback who sits on his couch on Saturday afternoons, replaying grainy videotape of all his old games. I really like this function.

Here's a funny statistic: In 18 SNGs, I never played with the same player twice. That struck me as very odd.

So, my suggestion to all of you is to go download Poker Tracker NOW and check it out. If you like it, it only costs $55 to register it and download all your histories. Do it!!

No comments: