Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's hard to make money on Poker Stars

So I had $150 left in my PS account after my collapse a couple months ago (dumped 90% of my bankroll in 4 horribly played hands). I logged on last night and headed straight for the 1/2 NL game. Of course, it took me only a few rounds to pick up AA and KK and as the donkeys always do, had people move all-in on me on the flop. In a matter of 20 minutes, I had already doubled my buy-in and decided to head over to what has been my main cash source... the NL SNGs.

... And proceeded to get my ass handed to me.

In my experience, bad players DO NOT play SNGs on Stars. Why the hell not??? The fish were ALWAYS playing the mid-limit SNGs on Party ($20 - $50 buy-ins). Nothing but rocks at those same limits on Stars.

On Party Poker, I cashed about 60% of the time in the 6 handed SNGs. When Party decided to shut its doors to U.S. customers, I lost an average income of about $1400 a month.

I'm in a position now where I can brush up on my NL game in anticpation of next week's play with Stewman at Pechanga. However, I do miss making money in the SNGs.



~NBA~

2 comments:

Stewman said...

Times are a changing amigo. I wasn't having as good of luck on the few SNG's I was playing. Stick the NL games and build up the bank roll. Many fish joining those games.

BigHeeb91 said...

I dunno.. doesn't look good for me. The little bit I won on day 1 is gone and I'm down to about 1/3rd of what I started with.