Friday, December 29, 2006

Dags dropped 80k...crazy

So last night as I was bored and busted out of a few free rolls on PS, so I decided to download and install FTP. I've heard of the crazy pot limit omaha games they have on there with there bevy of big name pros. Well those stories were true.

The first table I railed was the 100-200 pot-limit omaha game with Crazyhorse Vaswani playing. He quickly built up his 4-5k up to almost 20k but then dumped it to Juanda who joined later and went from 10k to 40k in no time. I then noticed Matusow playing a 25-50 NLH game. Funny to watch, no big swings for Mike this time but he actually talks in the chat box some of the time.

Now the fun begins. I see John D'Agostino starting a 200-400 PLO game. Soon Ivey joins along with Juanda and a few other players. Dags is in for 40k along with Ivey. Play is fast and furious. Dags was down to 35k and then in one hand went all in I believe on the turn and got called and lost a 70k pot to some guy. He quickly rebuys for 40k and then about 30 minutes later one of the worst plays I've ever seen from a pro (right up there with Matusow blowing up on High Stakes Poker) happens. A solid player raises and Dags calls. Flop comes K high. Guy bets almost the pot and Dags calls. Turn comes a blank and the guy bets the pot again. Dags uses almost all of his time bank and then calls. River another K and the guy checks (what a check). Dags takes his time and then goes all in for his last 15k. The guy instantly calls and shows KKxx in the hole. Dags just had pocket 10's. I guess he though he was good but I don't know how he thought he had the best hand. I'm not a PLO expert as I have only played play money PLO but that seemed like a no-brainer check on the river and hope your 10's are good enough. So in about 50 minutes, Dags was down 80k. I then saw him buy in for 100k in a heads up NL game with another player from the PLO game that challenged him verbally through the chat box. I watched for a few minutes and Dags was down about 15k in that when I turned off. Not sure how it ended up. Ivey was waiting for 1-2k omahi hi/low and stud hi/low but had no takers.

Overall, I saw Juanda, Vaswani, Patterson, Mizrachi (Grinders Bro), Johnston, Matusow, Ivey, Dags, Watkinson, and Furst. Neat to see the pro's play and I like how FTP let's you know they are playing by making the tables red in the lobby.

No comments: