Sunday, October 29, 2006

Frustration

So I just played in the ESPN Protege promotion final. At one point I was chip leader after the first break but then went card dead, got disconnected while flopping a set and then got sucked out on by the 2nd chip leader. I limped in mid position (blinds 600-1200) with J10s (first mistake, probably should have raised). Button then goes all in for 3000. SB calls and BB folds. Flop comes J106 of Diamonds. SB bets 1200 and I knew he was on a flush draw. He had about 24k left and I had 9300. There was about 11k in the pot. I went all in trying to take it down right there. He instantly calls me with Kd6h. He flopped 2nd nut flush draw and bottom pair. Turn is a diamond and ighn. I personally think it was a bad call. He had 4200 invested and he called 9300 to win a little over 20k. He would have been left with 15k if he missed. I don't think I would have made it but that is just me.

I just did odds calculator on cardplayer and I was a 50.81% to a 49.19% favorite so I guess his call wasn't that bad. Just don't know if I could have made that. The only solace I can take is that the button won the main pot because he flopped the nuts. He had AQ of diamonds.

Anyways I finished 45 out of 403. If I won that pot, I would have been top 3 in chips.

At least I still got a chance for Barcelona. More on my quest for that later.

No comments: