Friday, October 20, 2006

Damn Right It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta

A brilliant editorial in today's New York Times:

The G.O.P.'s Bad Beat

So in the last 2 weeks I have spent a lot of time on PokerStars. I'm trying to qualify for the 2007 PokerStars Carribean Adventure and I am having a wonderful time taking the donkeys' money at the 1-2 NL game.

First, the PCA. They are running A TON of satellites for the event. They have both small buy-in and large buy-in MTTs, double shoot-outs and SNGs. I've played one $80 MTT and made the final 2 tables only to lose to another flopped set in the BB (I had JJ) and then when my AK all-in pre-flop lost to 8-9.

At least the ring games are JUICY. I've made quite a killing in the 1-2 NL game. It's a bit frustrating because there seems to be somebody moving all-in in every hand there is a raise PF. It's worked out so far because I have had people move in on me no less than 5 times when I held AA or KK.

I've found that I make the most money when I'm in late position and just call the PF raise with two big cards or a mid pocket-pair. I have lost A LOT of big pots with big pairs and top two, etc because of slowplayed flopped sets.

I lost a rediculous hand today when my pre-flop raise couldn't push out 2-3 os in late position and when I flopped top pair, couldn't bet him out of the pot and eventually lost to a turned set of 3s.

I'm not kidding guys... This game is soooo loose. Below are two screenshots of hand histories that shows the average size pot I'm scooping.




No comments: