Sunday, March 12, 2006

What's this...the Donkey is on a roll

So after my successful trip down to SD to play poker with the crew, I'm back home and have booked back to back winning sessions at Bay 101 bringing in almost $454 (which for this donkey is not bad.)The first night, I scooped up the biggest pot of my life (pretty sure this it was the biggest) of approximately $280. I'm on the button and have 5 limpers in front of me (playing 6-12). I look down and see pocket rockets so I raise it up to $12. Everyone including the blinds call so the pot has $84. The flop comes 9x4. The blinds check and my arch nemesis Hormones (my cousin) leads out for 6. One guy calls and it gets to me and I raise to 12. Hormones reraises to $18 the guy calls and I just call because I figured he has a set because 2 pair unlikely with the board being what it is. Now $128 in pot The turn was my gin card Ace of diamonds. Hormones bets, guy calls, and I raise to $24 Hormones raises to $36 guy calls and I reraise to $48 and they all call. Now $272 in the pot. I yell out 9 diamonds because I want the other guy to make his flush but for me to fill up. The river comes and it is a 9 of clubs. Hormones has 2 chips left and the other guy missed his flush draw and folds and I call the 2. Hormones had pocket 4's for a full house but I have a bigger full house to rake in a $280 pot. Hormones and I left right after that and I booked a $324 winning session.

Went back yesterday and won $120 playing 6-12 so not doing too bad. I can't remember the last time I had 2 winning sessions in a row. This year is shaping up to be a good one...I need a good year to erase the horrors of 2005.

No comments: