Friday, March 24, 2006

I am the epitome of bubble boy

So down to my last $2 in my PP account...I know how pathetic. Well that is the life of a degenerate. I decided to play in the $1+0 PP tourneys they have. 1228 people enter with first prize paying out over $220. Were down to 143 people (top 140 paid) and I have $15000, blinds at $600-1200. I'm UTG and I look down at AQs. I raise to $5000. Folds to the bb who moves me all in (he had about 37k). So 140 paid something like $1.27 so not much a of a payout so I called my last 10k. He has 2 jacks and it is off to the races. Flop comes J9x turn 9 and I'm drawing dead. I'm out and after all the tables finish, PP tells me I busted out 141. This is the 3rd tourney I have busted out on the bubble and the 5 where I've been at least 5 spots away from the money. If it paid more money, I would have probably laid it down but since the payout was so miniscule, it wasn't a big loss except for the 2+ hours I spent playing.
This wasn't as upsetting as my donkey play on PokerRoom where I was top 5 in chips in a $5 tourney with 40 people left (546 started) and I donkey my chips off for a 19th place finish and a profit of $21. Last hand was comical though. I had 11k left and I move all in with J10. BB calls me because the math was right for him and he had the chips with 54s. Flop comes AJ10. I turn to my buddy who was sweating me and I'm like yeah, I will double up unless he goes 32. Well the turn was a 3 and the river of course was a 2. Crazy but I never would have been in that position if I didn't donkey my chips off.

No comments: