Thursday, January 19, 2006

Reno Trip Report

Hey Guys,
I was in Reno this past Saturday till Monday. After an arduous 10 hour drive due to snow conditions, we landed in at the Atlantis hotel around 8:00pm. I played some poker around 1:00am. They have a 5 table room spreading 3-6lh and 50nlh buy-in. I sat down to play some 3-6. I didn't play the first hand then played the next 3 hands and proceeded to make 2 full houses and 2 pair. I then folded next hand and then raised with AQs on the next and a flop of KJ10 rainbow was perfect. A fellow player had AK which made it really nice for me. Within 10 minutes I was up $160 playing 3-6 of all things. There were 2 major donkeys at my table playing every single hand and calling all raises and flop bets. Now I was loving this but one of the donkey's was replaced by another donkey who played every single hand, no matter what. This turned out to be my demise. Within about 2 hours, I was up $3. I had pocket kings, raised form the sb to 5 (they play 1-2 blinds there) and everybody limped in called. Flop came J93 rainbow. I bet everyone folds but donkey. Turn a 2. I bet 6 he raises I reraise he calls. I bet the river he calls and turns over 9-2 for 2 pair. That type of shit happened to me the rest of the night.

The next day I played in a $30+5 w/1 $30AO. I finished 28th out of 80. No memorable hands. Just grinded away having to go all in 4 times. I doubled and tripled up 2 of the times.

I then sat down for some 4-8 action after the tourney. Bought in for $100. First hand 2nd position, I raise with AKo. 5 callers including blinds. Flop comes out J high. sb bets, bb raises, I fold. Second hand, now UTG. I raise with AQs (clubs). The guy in 2nd position calls instantly and one other caller. Flop comes KJ8 all spades. I bet, 2nd position raises, I call. Turn is a 10. I have made my straight, can only lose to a flush. I bet 8 guys raises I call. I check bet call the river and he flips over Q5 of spades. What a donkey. Calls $8 with Q5. I proceed to win 2 small pots and lose everything about $45 later.

I did learn how to play three card poker. Fun game. My buddy Danny won big, not me of course. Dropped $60 there but had fun playing. Odds definitely in the house favor big time but I knew that going in. That's why I always stayed away from that game.

A first did happen for me though. I played fortune pai gow and had a $1 on the bonus and hit a straight flush. Paid me $50x1. Besides that no big winnings.

I understand from No Black Aces that the link wasn't working for the mp3. You can right click on it and it should allow you to save it. It is a small file so fast download.

No comments: