Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Saki, Trey-Deuce, and WSOP

So I survived a week in Vegas. I wish I could say my bankroll did also. As NBA wrote previously my trip started out great by taking down a $65 sng at the Rio for a nice $485 profit. I made a great call at the end when I just knew the guy was trying to jam and steal the pot. Sadly, that was about the highlight of my trip. The next day busted right on the bubble of the final table at the MGM tournament. I took 2 sick beats losing 2 pots to the same guy. He was on tilt and called me all in with J10 and said I'm only calling because I want to go home. I had KJ. Turn comes a 10 and now I'm short stack. Very next hand, I'm all in with AA, the same guy in the small blind now calls the $800 more to meet the big blind of $1600. Flop comes J63 and the sb moves all in, bb folds. He flips over 63. He called 25% of his chips with a 63. That was the donkey fest that was happening all over the MGM and I'm sure the rest of Vegas. At least he finished 8th, 2 out of the money.

I proceed to pretty much lose at everything else. I've determined that playing low-limit hold'em in vegas is a hugely negative EV game. People play every hand. One hand I will share.

I raise UTG with KK to $6. Seat 2 raises to $9. The guy on the button who plays every hand calls. I reraise to $12 and everyone calls. Flop comes Q high with 2 diamonds. I bet, call call. Turn is a rag. I bet 6, fold, call. River another diamond. I check and the button bets. I knew he got his flush but had to pay him off. He flips over 105 diamonds. That was my trip. Either card dead or losing to donkey's. At least Trey-Deuce (Roy Green) made it fun at the no limit tables. He busted me but then I got him back the next day for all my money back and more.

Nobu was awesome for my b-day dinner. Thanks NBA for buying...it wasn't cheap folks due to the greatest tasting saki either of us had ever tasted.

Sinatra rolled into town that night and we played pai gow for a while. Friday my two buddies Mateo G and Danito D got into Vegas. Hung out with them and then that night all the guys got together and we partied hard. Saturday was the same as my friend Tracy got into town for the weekend. Suffice to say I don't remember much of the last night.

Thanks to everyone who came. It was a blast.

No comments: