Friday, August 04, 2006

Mini-Steps Quest Update: Done with Step 1s!

So here are my final stats from the first level of my mini-steps quest:

23 Step 1 buy-ins ($6 each) allowed me to play 51 Step 1 tournaments and yielded 9 Step 2 entries ($22 each). I fell one short of my goal of 10 step 2s, but seeing how I finished in 2nd place TWELVE times, I can forgive myself.

So far, I am right on pace for what I predicted:

In my June 18th post, I estimated that I would need to turn 50 Step 1 buy-ins into 19 Step 2 move-ups (39.3% ROI). Since I ammended my quest half-way through my Step 1 buy-ins (instead of buying into 50, I decided to buy into 23), I turned 23 buy-ins into 9 step 2 move-ups (43.5% ROI).

Since I bought in less times, I will have less chances to cash in step 5, but all I need is one 5th place finish to make money.

I have already begun my Step 2s and moved on in both Step 2s I have played (one 1st and one 2nd). I will need to move on at least 5 times to stay on pace, meaning I need to place 1st or 2nd in 3 of the remaining 7 tournaments yet to be played.

More updates to come -

~NBA~

No comments: