Friday, December 02, 2005

It's official... I'm still not a professional

So I told myself on November 1st that if I could make enough in the next 30 days to pay for my property taxes, I would seriously consider playing semi-professionally. By this, I mean playing 40-60 hours a week with a real bankroll. Here's my SNG stats from November (courtesy of PokerTracker):


In 138 tourneys, I finished in the money 35.51% of the time for a ROI of 48.6%. While the FIM number isn't great, it's decent enough to net me $1,486.20. Add to that the $1,396.00 for my runner-up finish in the MTT and that brings me to a grand total of $2,882.20.

Unfortunately, that is a bit short of the $2,993.30 needed for my Dec 10 property tax bill. So I needed to make an extra $111.10 to "take the plunge". I think that was a sign from above because of course, I decided to get greedy and try to make that money quick in a $100 + 10 SNG this morning (December 2). I ended up going out in 4th (1 from the money) when my pocket Aces in the SB were cracked by K-3 os in the BB.

So I fell short of my goal and I must keep playing as a "casual" player. Oh well, maybe next year...

No comments: