Monday, October 04, 2010

Bank Roll challenge

Hello to the 2 readers of this blog. I haven't been playing much poker either live or on-line lately. Did play a few sessions at Pechanga back in Labor Day weekend and lost way too much money playing 4/8 and 8/16 limit hold'em. Of course BigHeeb dominated.

Came back home and didn't really do much. Then this past weekend with $26 in my on-line account on Stars, I decided to do a bankroll challenge. I wanted to go play live but didn't want to do the drive and play for my usual stakes due to budget issues. I then decided to deposit $100 and only use that for low limit O8 ring games. I decided to play both 6-max and full ring 2/4 limit O8. In 3 different sessions totaling about 5 hours I won about $200. Gotta determine exact amount but it is around $200. I have really enjoyed the 6-max variety and came across some really bad players as is expected in on-line low stakes especially in O8. My plan is to play here and there as my schedule allows and will take a break from Tourney's for now. I did try about $45 in satty's over the weekend only getting a seat in the $11 1/4 million tourney. 2nd weekend in a row without cashing which is a first since my cash rate in that tourney is probably about 60% (small sample size however).

I will update as I proceed. No rush or ultimate goal. I guess stating that defeats the title of this blog so I need to come up with something. Let's say can I build it up to 1K by November 1st? This doesn't sound hard but my time in playing is limited. I have so many other interests that take my time not to mention work and trips to see my girlfriend. Lack of a laptop also hurts. Just hope to be able to build up a nice on-line bankroll to take some shots at larger buy-in tourneys and higher cash games. I will continue to play 2/4 for the time being. One good benefit is I will continue to gain FPPs which will unlock stellar rewards from Stars and should get bronze star this month and maybe even silver star. We shall see. Getting a laptop would help so I can play while watching tv but that will have to wait. Updates to follow.

No comments: