Thursday, October 14, 2010

bad day

Well I had a bad day in going for my challenge. With tilt creeping in at the end. Nothing went right, no one gives credit in 6-max apparently. In one stretch I flopped 5 top sets in probably 20 minutes losing every hand. I couldn't hit a full house on any of them. 2 suck outs on the river, 1 beat on the turn and the other 2 on the flop. I only paid off 2 on the river but it adds up especially when jumping up to 3/6. Crazy players man. Just speechless right now. Don't know how these guys remain profitable in the long run playing like they do. I 3 bet constantly with the best hand 90-95% of the time and yet they don't seem to hold up. I guess running up my initiall $100 deposit to over $300 was me running above expectation. I guess so. Not sure. But now down to $68.41. Dropped almost $240 today. Only bright side is I made silver star which I haven't had in probably 2 years. Maybe I can bink one of the silver star tourneys...NOT!

I'm on such a bad streak cash right now....mainly from live play. Makes me not enjoy poker but yet I'm addicted. The issue is all I think about is poker sometimes. I don't necessarily need to play all the time but I watch all tv poker, I read tons of poker sites/books and play when I can. I need to take a break. If things don't turn around after Venetian Deep stacks coming up I think I'm done till maybe till Rincon in March. I might use FPP's to play the occasional tourney but a break may be in order. Of course I say this and usually do take a break (with the longest being 6 months) but usually just 1-2 months then right back on the horse.

Adios for tonight. Maybe I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: