Friday, March 23, 2007

Black Thursday

So yesterday, I came back to reality. I got hit with a few cold decks and lost almost $400. The day started with me dropping $160 in less than an hour playing 2/4. Didn't play well. Decided to try getting my money back playing 5/10 and it worked actually winning $211 in less than an hour and was now up $51. I took a break and then came back and hit 2/4 again. Lost $160 really fast again. Don't really know what is going on with 2/4 now. Killing it at first, now not being able to win a pot.

So then I decided to "get" my money back playing 5/10 and proceed to be up $100 quickly and feeling good. Then before I knew it, I was down to $55 when the following hand happened. I limp with K6s, button raises and sb calls and I call. Flop comes 6A6 with 2 spades. sb checks, I check and button bets. SB raises to 10 and I reraise to $15 and everyone calls. Turn comes 7 of spades and sb bets, I call and button calls. River comes a blank and sb bets, I raise for my last $15 and button folds, sb calls and turns over 76. So dropped $360 like that. I then bought into the 3-6 for $120 and built that up to $250 very easily. Then had another sick hand. Folded to me on the button. I raise with K10 and get re-raised to 9 by the SB. BB folds and I call. Flop comes K9x rainbow. SB checks, I bet, get raised and just call. Turn comes another K. SB bets and I raise, get re-raised and just call seriously thinking AK. River comes another 9 so now I have a full house. We cap the river and he shows 99 for quads. Sick hand. Lost the rest of my buy-in and I quit to watch some TV.

After TV, I packed for my Reno trip and then against my better judgment I logged back on and played 5/10. I bought in for $200 and was quickly up to $330. I then continued playing and was now down below my buy-in when the following hand came up. I limp on the button with 86 of spades. SB raises again and bb calls along with another limper and me. Flop comes 6Q6 (once again I flop trips). Checks to me on the button and I bet. SB folds, BB reraises, limper folds and I call it. SB folds, BB calls. Turn comes a 5. BB bets, I raise and he re-raises. River a 2 and I call and BB turns over 96. His 9 plays. Lost a a $158 pot. I then played a little longer and actually finished up winning $46.50. So down approximately $380 for the day (largest on-line single day loss). I still have over $600 so I'm still going to try for my goal.

One positive thing is that for the first time I cleared the silver VIP level on stars. I achieved 1500 fpps for the month. The cool thing about this besides the free-rolls is that you accrue fpps 1.5x now so you accrue faster. I finished with over 2k fpps. Need another 2k for 4k and gold status. To maintain my silver status I need to get 1500/month but my status is good for the month of April.

Well a much needed break will be happening. I'm out to Reno till Sunday. Will try to hit up the Hilton and check out the WPT prelim events going on. Won't play but will pop my head in.

No comments: