Tuesday, September 12, 2006

3-0, Bitches

Now that football season is here, I have something to brag about.

My week 1 record. Perfect. 3-0 in 3 leagues. Bitches.

A recap of my ESPN leagues:

I am very happy with both my teams... I feel like I have the team to beat in the league I created (will be referred to as MY league from here on out).

My League:

I am solid in every offensive catagory. Hasselbeck at QB, LT at RB, Harrison at WR, Crumpler at TE, and Rackers at K.

I drafted the NY Giants (#1 on my list for D) but they have a TOUGH schedule the first 2 weeks (Indy and Philly) but I picked up the Bengals' D to start the first 2 weeks.

I'm a bit thin in my "slash" position (RB/WR) and my second WR position. Right now, I am flipping a coin for who to start in my slash spot. I went with what I thought was the obvious choice last week and started Reuben Droughnes against the Saints thus benching Julius Jones vs the Jags. Oops. Droughnes looked extremely average and his line looked less average. Jones on the other hand looked great against a tough Jacksonville D. Perhaps this is the year for him? I hope...

My second WR position is either Andre Johnson or Terry Glenn. I started Glenn this week knowing the Cowboys would be down most of the game and they would have to go to the air... well, I didn't take into consideration that Drew Bledsoe continues to be one of the worst QBs in the league. I will use the same strategy employed last week and plan to start Johnson this week vs the Colts.

In my other league, "Mike's League":

Although I consider my other team my best team, I consider this team the team with the most up-side. Culpepper at QB, LT and Portis at RB, McGahee at RB/WR, Hines Ward and Javon Walker at WR, Ben Watson at TE, Chargers D and Shayne Graham at K.

This team has the potential to go undefeated... seriously. There will be weeks where certain players don't do much, but for the most part, these guys should score a ton of points consistently.

I won't bother going into detail about my 3rd and final team this week... I auto-drafted that team and still have a lot of work to do.

My fellow blog mates had a mixed weekend. In the 2 leagues we all play in, here's how we all did:

NoBlackAces: 2 - 0
Stewman: 1-1
RiverRat: 1-1
Sinatra: 0-2

Off to a good start this year... I'll post week 2 predictions in a few days.

NBA

No comments: