Thursday, April 13, 2006

I never get lucky



I was thinking today about my recent play and I realized something... I never get lucky. Seriously. I rarely win coinflips as of late and when I push PF with Ace high and get called by Queen high or Jack high (ALWAYS defending their fucking blind), they always hit.

I played a 5 table SNG today... I moved all-in ONCE and I lost. Guess what, though? I was the favorite when I put all my money in the middle. I am almost ALWAYS the favorite when I put all my money in the middle!

I was the chip leader with 12 people left without ever putting all my chips at risk. But the one time I had to push when I was short-stacked, I pushed on the button with A9 suited and got called by the small blind holding A8 off-suit and he hit his goddammned 3-outer!

5th place paid $90. Wow. 1st was $300.

I can't wait for the WSOP in 2 more months. All year of playing great poker and getting unlucky HAS TO add up to one week of getting lucky when I need it most.

No comments: