Monday, February 20, 2006

Party Poker, Pechanga, Vegas, and Random Thoughts

I am still doing well in my 10-20 online venture... I wish I could just bring that to the felt.

Played 8-16 last weekend with RiverRat... I play solid all day and I find myself up about $200 after 4 hours of play. Then the jacks come...

In a matter of two orbits, I get dealt pocket jacks 3 times. The first time I lose when the flop brings all unders, I bet, get 3 callers and the turn brings an ace. The second time, I lose when the flop brings all unders and I guy leads out in EP. I raise just to get smooth called. The turn brings trash and he bets again. This time I call and the river brings a Q. He bets, I just call and he shows 2 pair on the flop.

The final time I get dealt jacks, I am in the BB and there are 5 limpers. I raise for value hoping that I see yet another garbage flop. Everybody calls and the flop comes out 10 high. A guy in EP bets out, I raise and everyone calls. The turn brings a harmless 5 (or so I thought) and this "player" (as RiverRat warned me) leads out. I raise, get one caller back to him. He calls. River comes out garbage. He bets out his last 8 chips and I call. The jackass flips over 8-6 os for the turned gutshot straight. Yikes. Calls 2 bets on the flop with it, flops nothing but a gutshot and proceeds to call 2 more bets with it. How do you play against that?

I played in the tourney and was doing very well after the first break. I was about twice the average chip stack when I picked up pocket aces in the cutoff. It's folded to me so I make like I am trying to steal the blinds and open for a 4 x the bb raise. Folds to the BB and I see he has exactly enough to call my bet. He goes into the tank and announces the call as he flips over J-7 os. I smile and flip over my aces and everybody lets out a collective "ooooh". The flop comes 6-9-x. The turn is an 8. Of course the river is the 5. He takes it down and I lose my mind as well as a quarter of my stack. I get changed to another table where I push with K-Q os and get called by 4 players. Flop brings two queens and I quadruple up.

I go out 2 hands later with KQ when an over anxious player in EP commits himself and raises 5 x the BB with AK. I put him on a mid-pair and figure to be a coinflip so I push for a little more than half his stack and he calls. He flops an A and IGHN.

Here's a shocker... my hands online actually hold up:


***** Hand History for Game 3591012375 *****
$10/$20 Texas Hold'em - Monday, February 20, 15:20:39 ET 2006
Table Mustang (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 4: ChipsButty ( $317.26 )
Seat 6: Macadame ( $636 )
Seat 7: THEMONEYSMIT ( $498 )
Seat 9: NM333 ( $583.80 )
Seat 2: rolleddown ( $404.56 )
Seat 1: loujd ( $147 )
Seat 8: NoBlackAces ( $278.50 )
Seat 5: alaq24 ( $547 )
Seat 10: Iphis ( $465 )
Seat 3: rocket44222 ( $858.50 )
loujd posts small blind [$5].
rolleddown posts big blind [$10].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to NoBlackAces [ 6d 6c ]
rocket44222 folds.
ChipsButty folds.
alaq24 folds.
Macadame folds.
THEMONEYSMIT raises [$20].
NoBlackAces calls [$20].
NM333 calls [$20].
Iphis calls [$20].
loujd folds.
rolleddown folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4d, 5s, 6h ]
THEMONEYSMIT checks.
NoBlackAces bets [$10].
NM333 folds.
Iphis raises [$20].
THEMONEYSMIT folds.
NoBlackAces raises [$20].
Iphis calls [$10].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Tc ]
NoBlackAces bets [$20].
Iphis calls [$20].
** Dealing River ** [ 4c ]
NoBlackAces bets [$20].
Iphis raises [$40].
NoBlackAces raises [$40].
Iphis raises [$40].
NoBlackAces calls [$20].
Iphis shows [ 5c, 5d ] a full house, Fives full of fours.
NoBlackAces shows [ 6d, 6c ] a full house, Sixes full of fours.
NoBlackAces wins $352 from the main pot with a full house, Sixes full of fours.

Going to Pechanga tonight for a little "pre-Vegas" warmup with RiverRat. We're off to Vegas on Thursday for what hopefully turns out to be another long profitable trip for me at the tables. Profit sharing comes Friday, so even if I don't do well, I won't feel too bad about it. More Pechanga and Rincon next week with the boys, so I'll be busy.

Lookin forward to it.

No comments: