Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Congrats to an old friend

So many years ago in a past life I worked in a movie theater. One of my co-workers was a girl named Jackie. Jackie soon became my partner in crime at the theater (she trained me how to make the popcorn and even better how to clean the popper..ahh the memories) and we became good friends. We also went to the same high school but she graduated a year ahead of me and we didn't know each other while in school. Anyway, I left SD for the bay area and Jackie and I would keep in touch and when I was in town we would hang out and dance the night away at the E Club (I think that's the name) at Miramar NAS (now Marine Corp station). Anyways, we sorta lost touch and then out of the blue I got an email telling me she was married and living in Vegas. Soon the conversation turned to poker (what a shocker). Turned out we both had become poker addicts. Well once again no contact forever till recently. I read an article on cardplayer about these two lovebirds who met online on PP and are now getting married. I thought it was a cool story but didn't pay attention to the names. Then out of the blue I get an email from Jackie telling me about the story and what has been going on. Turns out she was the woman in the story. What a small world. So we've been catching up and I told her about this blog and I told her I would make her my next posting so here it is. Gentlemen, I am proud to announce our subscriber base has now reached that astronomical milestone of 1 reader. Congrats guys and Congrats Jackie.

Have a great wedding at the Paris hotel and enjoy the PP Cruise. Here is a link to the story.

Jackie's Story

No comments: