Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"There's the world and then there is me"

The title says it all...if you believe Phil Hellmuth. No matter what you think about the guy, there is no denying his appeal for tv audiences. No doubt ESPN realizes this as they turned his final table appearance into 2 hours and he finished 6th. He made a bad call against Beth Shak to bust out. Don't know why he called except maybe he though he was in the lead. Then he is bemoaning the fact she called his raise from the big blind with KQs. As Norman Chad kept saying, she was in the bb, the chip leader and was getting 2.5 to 1 to call. Phil would have made the call and so would have everyone else in her position.

I do wonder how he acted during his final table when he won his 11th bracelet. Streamed over the Internet with a time delay and sequestered from the public, I wonder if he acted the same. Guess I should have paid to watch the stream.

I guess Phil's quote could also apply to the new home run king Barry Bonds. We all know he took steroids and cheated his way into the record books. What's worse than him being a cheat though is the fact that the guy is the biggest A-Hole in the game. The only good thing about him breaking the record is that I won a bet with the donkey bettor NBA who now owes me $110 and must do the following:

He has to kneel down before me while stating with his head down to the ground he is ashamed to have ever doubted me and that he will never make that mistake again. Then hand me my money and kiss my hand and profess his stature as the world's biggest donkey and worst prop bettor of all-time. This also must be done in the presence of the always beautiful and dignified Mrs. NBA!!!!!!! Ship it Beotch!!!

No comments: