Monday, April 02, 2007

Quest update

Time for my weekly update regarding my quest. After being at a high of $992 just a short while ago, last week saw me drop about $800 playing games between 2/4-5/10. I played bad at times, played well at times, and just got cold decked. Had 2 royals made against me when I had boats, had 2 quads against me (one was runner runner) when I had boats and numerous other suckouts which are par for the course in low limit ring games.

This weekend saw me go from $122 up to $454 (thanks to NBA who got me $100 of that)and hopefully back on the right course. Still got long way to go but I still feel confident. I just need to keep plugging away.

Currently sit at exactly 4000 fpp's so I think that makes me gold status,not sure since it all wasn't done in one month (basically 3 weeks but over 2 months since I got there yesterday)

I did play in the 20k free roll open to silver stars and horribly misplayed my AA from the BB. Blinds 25/50 and I have approximately T3500. 1 limper and sb continues their bet and I raise to 225 with AA. Limper calls and SB folds. Flop comes 7-x-3. I bet a little more than half the pot and limper calls. Turn comes K and I bet half the pot and limper calls. River a blank and I instantly move all in and he instantly calls with a 33 for a flopped set and he has me covered and IGHN. Misplayed my big pair as I often do on-line. I need to learn to slow down. I know I've said this before but I'm so much more patient and thoughtful when playing live then on-line. Well at least it didn't cost me anything but about 30 minutes of my time.

Congrats to my boy "ilikebirds" who almost pulled off the trifecta of cashing in the 20k, 50k, and 100k free rolls. He cash in the 20k and 50k for $200 and almost cashed in the 100k. Not too shabby.

No comments: