Saturday, September 24, 2005

All good things must come to an end...

I knew it was just a matter of time until the bad luck caught up with me. Played (4) $20 SNGs tonight... it wasn't my night.

The first SNG I play starts out really well. I make a couple of big bets early and I'm up to T1400 in about 10 hands. I sit back and let the fish kill each other off.

We get down to 4 players and I'm in decent position. I have about T1800 and only one guy has more than me. He's been talking trash all night about how bad people are for moving all-in on flush draws, calling with mid-pair, etc...

We played 45 hands at 4 handed. During this time, these idiots proceeded to double up short stack after short stack... Everytime somebody would have less than T1,000, they would move all-in and get called by a big stack with a much worse hand. EVERY TIME the small stack's hand would hold up. ARG!

Anyways, you know how the story goes... finally, my stack widdled down and I had to make a move. I had K-10 and decided to make a move on the big stack. I went all-in for my last T535 and the big stack called... with Jacks.

Out in 4th and the streak ends at 5 cashes.

I need to redeem myself so I get into another $20 SNG immediately. I'm playing for about 5 minutes and then:

I'm UTG and get dealt A-5s (spades). I like to limp in early position with suited aces although I know the dangers. I limp and get 3 callers. The BB checks and we go to the flop:

9s-Js-9c.

BB bets out T65. I call as does everyone else. The turn:

2c.

BB bets out T50 and I call as does everyone else. River:

4s.

The magical card! I have the nut flush and I'm ready to fire. BB bets T125 and I raise to T500. Folds around to the button and he moves all in for T890. The BB folds and I call off the rest of my chips. The guys flips over pocket 4s.

Lovely river.

I'm out in 9th.

I decided to pony up my last $22 and bought into another SNG. Fortunately, I caught some cards and was able to finish in 2nd. Both my runner-up finishes this weekend came when I flopped top pair with a flop of all one suit. Both times, the other guy had the flush on the flop. Both times, they played it wonderfully and I paid them off. Oh well.


Here's the stats from tonight's play:

Hands Dealt: 148
Hands Won: 13% (19)
Showdowns Won: 53%

---Flop Hands---
Flops Seen: 26% (38)
Win % if Flops Seen: 43% (16)


You can see that I just didn't get the cards tonight. I only won 19 hands out of 148 dealt. Pathetic until you see that I still won 53% of my showdowns and won 43% of all hands I saw the flop on.

No comments: